Saturday, August 1, 2009

Theme Challenge over at ........

....The Stamp Shack. Weekly challenges have been re-introduced by some of the members and this is my card for Theme Challenge 14.

The requirements of this challenge were to use stitching and buttons on a card. Pefert, says I, my SIL is having a birthday this week and she is a marvellous seamstress so I made it for Jeanne.

Naturally, after creating the card, I needed to photograph it and then post it. With all that I've learned through the digital scrapbooking courses lately, I felt that my card photos are lacking a little something, but, I could change that, so I did. I took a piece of the DP is used on the card and just photographed it all by itself. Then I used that as a background to the card. I used a filter on it so that it would soften it up. I photographed the card separately and brought it onto the the background and used a 25 pixel crop to feather the card into the background. I plan to use this method regularly as I think it makes a much more please photo to post.

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Lemon Tart
DP: Stella Ruby by Basic Grey
Image: PTI Green Thumb
Ink: Handsome Hunter, Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: buttons, ribbon, stitching, paper flowers, embroidery thread

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Barb, you totally rocked this challenge!I love the image with the buttons!

Unknown said...

Barb what a beautiful card. I love the way you have photgraphed it too. Puts my backwall to shame....LOL. Hugs Avril xxx

Lesa said...

Love the bloomin' buttons!!!!