Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Stamp Shack Challenge and SCS CC117

This is a card I made for the Weekly Challenge at The Stamp Shack. There are two challenges combined: a colour challenge using chocolate brown, white/ivory and pale purple and we were challenged to make a Father's Day card also. The squares were punched using my CM 1-1/4" punch. I was going to stamp kitty paw prints around the edges and give it to DH because we don't have any kids at home now, just a cat, Hank, who demands as much attention as a 2-year old child. LOL!

This card is for SCS colour challenge CC117. I used my Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder, then cut them into strips, added some ribbon and the stamped images and called it done!

I can't say I'm lovin' the colours this week, but I do think the finished card looks okay. And, further than that, I truly believe that I haven't CASED these layouts, at least not that I am aware of. I really like sketch challenges and was starting to think I'd always have to depend on someone else's design. Maybe not, perhaps there's hope for me yet! LOL!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Bling, Close To Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant, Rubby Red
Ink: StazOn, Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Karen Foster Snap Stamps, Karen Foster Retro Resins Alphabet, Offray ribbon.

3 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are both wonderful, Barb! I especially love that Cuttlebugging!

Swamp Tulip said...

Great job Barb. You always do such wonderful work.

Teresa

Sherri Thacker said...

WOW! I really love the cuttlebugged card. That is so neat! Very nice! Sherri